Hope & Healing
Our Native communities have a desperate need for hope and healing. Freedom River Counselling Group (FRCG) was launched under NEFC’s oversight in 2001 as an avenue of outreach addressing the temporal and eternal well-being of aboriginal peoples.
FRCG presents hope and healing from a biblical perspective, dealing with root issues that cause pain and dysfunction.
For the most part, this outreach is carried on through two- to four-day seminars. There are also workshops, training modules and consultancy to help equip Native churches and organizations. One-on-one counselling sessions are made available during the seminars.
Freedom River seminar topics include:
- Facing Loss and Grief… including issues of addiction, and how it impacts the healing process
- Choosing Life… the issue of suicide
- Rebuilding Life… resiliency, self-concept, relationship development, money matters, goal setting
- Development, Money Matters, and Goal Setting… understandable and practical solutions
- Reconnections… issues facing foster & adopted children and adults, “fatherlessness”
- Trauma and Aboriginal Grief… intergenerational trauma and loss
- Lateral Violence… wrestling with outcomes of colonialism, residential schools, and the welfare system
- Bullying… questions and answers about bullying in the school context and elsewhere
- Healing The Family… domestic & family violence
- Forgiveness in the Face of Grief… getting past the bitterness of being wronged
- Opioids… addressing this fast growing crisis in First Nations communities.
- Youth In Balance… issues that our youth face: attitudes, cognitive skills, decision making, self-esteem, addictions, boundaries, dating, education
These issues are all extremely important, but not always addressed in our communities. Freedom River takes them on in a straightforward storytelling format.
For more info, contact:
Freedom River Counselling Group
Box 295, Acme, AB T0M 0A0
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: 403-669-4449